Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance (FSPCA) Preventive Controls for Human Food
To register call us at 1-855-437-6400 or fill out the registration form.
$795 per person
($725 per person if you are registering 3 or more from the same organization.)
July 18-20, 2016
August 15-17, 2016
|St. Louis, MO
July 18-19, 2016
September 13-14, 2016
*For hotel information, call us at 1-855-437-6400.
Duration: 3 Days
The Hazard Analysis and Risk Based Preventive Controls for Human Food regulation (referred to as Preventive Controls for Human Food regulation) was published on September 17, 2015 and is intended to ensure safe manufacturing/processing, packing and holding of food products for human consumption in the United States. The regulation requires that certain activities must be completed by a “preventive controls qualified individual” who has “successfully completed training in the development and application of risk based preventive controls at least equivalent to that received under a standard curriculum recognized as adequate by FDA”.
This course developed by the Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance (FSPCA; FSPCA was established in 2011 as part of a grant from U.S.FDA to the Illinois Institute of Technology’s Institute of Food safety and Health) is the “standardized curriculum” recognized by FDA; Successful completion of the course is one way to meet the requirements for a “preventive controls qualified individual”.
- Potential Preventive Control “Qualified Individual”
- Facilities that manufacture, process, pack or hold human food (21 CFR Part 117)
- Facilities required to register with FDA under sec. 415 of the Food, Drug and Cosmetics Act
- Personnel responsible for the implementation of FSMA/HARPC
- Third party auditors
- Introduction to course and Preventive Controls
- Food Safety Plan Overview
- Good Manufacturing Practices and Other Pre-requisite Programs
- Biological Food safety Hazards
- Chemical, Physical and Economically Motivated Food safety Hazards
- Preliminary Steps in Developing a Food Safety Plan
- Resources for Food safety Plans
- Hazard Analysis and Preventive Controls Determination
- Process Preventive Controls
- Food Allergen Preventive Controls
- Sanitation Preventive Controls
- Supply Chain Preventive Controls
- Verification and Validation Procedures
- Record Keeping Procedures
- Recall Plan
- Regulation overview cGMP and HARPC
- Single Registration Rate: $795
Multiple Registration Rate: $725 (3 or more per organization)
- *Course rate includes: $50 test and certification fee and cost of materials
- *Complimentary continental breakfast, lunch and drinks provided.
- A certificate of completion issued by the International Food Protection Training Institute (IFPTI) of FSPCA
- A written test will be administrated at the end of the training
About the Instructor:
Dr. Ramakrishnan Narasimhan,
FSPCA Certificate of Training
A versatile food safety professional with in-depth technical knowledge and senior management experience in the manufacturing and regulatory areas of food, drug, natural and other consumer product sectors as well as 25 years of international food industry experience, including blue chip companies such as Nestle and Dannon. Certified to perform SQF Code, FSSC 22000, BRC Food Safety, BRC Packaging, and BRC Storage and Distribution, IFS Food and Logistics, Gluten Free certification audits, Dr. Narasimhan, is also an approved trainer for BRC Food Safety, BRC Storage and Distribution, BRC Packaging, IFS Food and Logistics and SQF Code implementation courses.